This app requires your email address in order to work. Once you submit it, it is kept in a database for one week before being deleted. This is so I can apply rate limiting and react to abuse. The email address will also appear in my mail server logs, which go back as far as ten days. I will not share your email address with anyone, ever. I will never send any email to it other than the email that this application is designed to send out when you submit it. The email that I do send to you contains an opt-out link. If you click it, I will store your email address in the database for the lifetime of this system and this app will be prevented from contacting it again.
I also store test results for a period of one week before deletion. If I didn't store the results, I could not display them to you. This may consist of any of the following data:
- The dates and times that you opened the email that I sent you
- The IP addresses that your email clients connect from
- The IP addresses of the DNS servers your email clients use
- The User-Agent HTTP request headers sent by your email clients
- The X-Forwarded-For HTTP request headers added by your web proxies
- The names of the tests which your email clients failed
I also have standard Apache-style web server logs, for administering the site, analysing trends and combatting abuse.
The full source code for this application is available at https://gitlab.com/mikecardwell/ept3